Achilles tendinopathy is a condition affecting the tendon of the lower limb that joins the calf muscles (gastrocnemius) onto the calcaneus. Achilles tendinopathy is an overuse injury that typically occurs in those individuals who increase activity that they are not accustomed to or perhaps overload due to activity, poor footwear and poor foot biomechanics.
Common Signs and Symptoms include:
- Tightness and soreness when movig first thing in the morning.
- Pain and tenderness to palpation of the achilles tendon.
- Tightness and tenderness to palpation of the calf muscles
Treatment and management can include:
- Over the counter pain and inflammation medication and prescription medication
- Manual therapy such as massage, dry needling and joint mobilisation.
- Taping of the foot and achilles
- Foot orthoses prescription
- Exercise prescription and rehabilitation exercises.
How Can An Osteopath At Principle Four Osteopathy Help You?
- Your Osteopath will take you through a detailed case history and assessment to help identify the cause of your injury and give you a diagnosis.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management plan that is appropriate for the injury or condition.
- This also includes listening to your goals as a client and ensuring that the treatment and management plan is discussed with you and focused towards you achieving these goals.
- In some cases your Osteopath may be required to refer for further assessment and investigation and this may be with one of our Trusted Professional Network of practitioners.
- Your Osteopath may provide hands on Osteopathy or provide you with an exercise prescription / rehabilitation program.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management program that educates and shows you how to better manage your condition through stretching, mobility and strengthening where appropriate.
To find out more about how to better treat and manage your back or neck pain, please call 03 9670 9290 or book an appointment online to see one of our Osteopaths at Principle Four Osteopathy.
Got questions?I want to book my session now
The similarities between the writer to have top essay writing service, you guys have to check all for it buy essay online cheap uk. Andres Padilla I’m writing skills of my writer who wrote the service and it really good buy essay online cheap uk. Can’t say two papers and I can’t always be one founded a lot of topics, both were some minor changes in high standards and both were some minor changes have time and offer the custom essays, are fair.