17 May Back and shoulder strength and conditioning exercises
In the videos below you will see one of Principle Four Osteopathy clients performing the following exercises:
- Prone Ts – posterior shoulder/scapular/back focus
- Prone Ws – posterior shoulder/scapular/back focus with hands in externally rotated position at 90 degrees
- Shoulder abduction & flexion (light load) full range of motion
- Bent over shoulder horizontal extension (posterior fly) (light load)
- Split kneeling banded supinated to pronated horizontal pull
- 3 point kneeling vertical pull with supinated to pronated grip
- Single arm supported dumbbell row
These exercises have been prescribed to assist the client with their current home program and also address their specific shoulder complaint. Prior to COVID19 they were integrating these movements regularly along with horizontal push and pull whilst at the gym. When the gyms closed access to equipment was limited and the focus moved towards the anterior structures. So we have addressed the balance of anterior to posterior and planes of movement by incorporating these again.
This blog post was written by osteopath Heath Williams. If you are looking for a customised training program for general health and fitness or specific to a training injury or complaint.
Book online at www.principlefourosteopathy.co. Principle Four Osteopathy are located at Pleasance House, 178 Collins St Melbourne City CBD 3000.