11 Jul Crossfit Movement Screen & Performance Essentials Consultation
Crossfit Movement Screen & Performance Essentials Consultation
COMING VERY SOON!
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST IN A CONSULTATION BY EMAILING email@example.com
Who Should Book In For A Crossfit Movement Screen & Essentials Consultation
ALL CROSSFITTERS will benefit from undertaking the Crossfit Essentials Consultation. This consultation is highly applicable to all levels of Crossfitters, whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced Crossfitter.
What Are The Benefits And Objectives Of Undertaking The Crossfit Movement Screen & Essentials Consultation?
- The aim of the Crossfit Essentials Consultation is to assess the entire body and movements and positions commonly performed in Crossfit. A particular focus is also placed on the foot/ankle, hip, lower back and shoulders as these are traditionally the most common areas associated with Crossfit injuries.
- Identify any flexibility and mobility deficits that are limiting your ability to perform or achieve specific positions in common Crossfit exercises i.e. snatch, clean, deadlifts, back squats, front squats etc.
- Identify if there are any exercises that you should be avoiding or swapping out in the daily Crossfit WOD as a result of a specific musculoskeletal complaint or flexibility, mobility or stability issue.
- Identify any stability issues that may be limiting your ability to perform an exercise or progress in your training.
- Assess and diagnose any specific musculoskeletal complaints that you are currently suffering from and devise an appropriate treatment and management plan to keep your exercising or get you back exercising as soon as possible.
- Identify what you need to do in order to take your Crossfit lifts and performance to the next level.
- Prescribe any remedial mobility, stability or motor control movements and exercises to perform to address any mobility, stability or control deficits or limitations.
Whats Involved In The Crossfit Movement Screen & Essentials Consultation?
- Case History
- Physical Assessment
- Movement Assessment Essentials
- Summary Findings
- Take Home Exercise Drills
Whats The Cost?
- General public $105
- Crossfit Box Affiliates $75
Note: If you have private health rebates for osteopathy, please bring your private health card along so that you can claim on the spot rebates.
Some private health funds will rebate you for having a gym membership that is part of your health management program. If your private health fund covers you for this, please check with your gym to see that they are registered and bring along any documentation that needs to be filled in to your consultation.
How Long Will The Consultation Take?
Approximately 50 – 60 minutes.
What Do I Need To Bring Along?
- This consultation requires you to head into the gym environment to perform the movement assessment. So please bring a change of shorts/pants and singlet top. Shoes are not essential.
- The physical assessment conducted in the treatment room may also require you to undress to your underwear, so please wear appropriate underwear for this part of the consultation.
- Please bring along your mobile phone if you have one with a camera so that we can take photos or video record any specific flexiblity, mobility or stability exercise drills.
Have Some Questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and we will arrange for one of our osteopaths to give you a call and discuss any questions you might have.
How Do I Book In For A Crossfit Essentials Consultation?
Book ONLINE at Principle Four Osteopathy OR call 03 9670 9290.
Tucci, H.T., Martins, J., De Carvalho Sposito, G., Camarini P.M.F. & De Oliveira, A.S. Closed Kinetic Chain Upper Extremity Test (CKCUES test): a reliability study in persons with a and without shoulder impingement syndrome, BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, 2014.
M.A.T Screening Guide, Functional Movement Group, www.functionalmovementgroup.com, 2015.
Montalvo, A.M., Hardison, T. & Shanstrom, N. Injury Epidemiology and Risk Factors For Injury in Crossfit: A Pilot Study. Florida Internataional University, 2015 Southeast Athletic Trainers Association Clinical Symposium.
Taro, P. Journal of Strength and Conditioning – Ahead of print, The nature and prevalence of injury during, Crossfit training.
Weisenthanl, B. M., Beck, C.A., Maloney, M.D., DeHaven, K.E. & Giordano, B.D. Injury Rate and Patterns amongh CrossFit Athletes, The Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine, 2014.