De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis
De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis
This is a complaint typically affecting the tendons around the thumb wrist. It is usually associated with overuse and is often a common work related injury, post pregnancy when mothers are regularly holding or carrying their babies or following unaccustomed tasks that involve frequent gripping and use of the hand.
Common Signs and Symptoms Associated:
- Pain with active movement of the thumb.
- Weak and pain with gripping or use of the thumb.
- Pain on stretch of the thumb into flexion (+ve Finklesteins test)
- Tightness and Tenderness to palpation of thumb extensors muscles.
Treatment and Management Can Involve:
- Over the counter anti inflammatories or prescription pain medication by your GP
- Gentle massage, dry needling and mobilisation of the wrist and hand
- Splinting of the thumb
- Sometimes corticosteroid injections
The key is identifying the cause and aggravating and maintaining factors so that these can be modified or prevented to allow for healing.
How Can An Osteopath At Principle Four Osteopathy Help You?
- Your Osteopath will take you through an osteopathy consultation that involves taking detailed case history and assessment to help identify the cause of your injury and give you a diagnosis.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management plan that is appropriate for the injury or condition.
- This also includes listening to your goals as a client and ensuring that the treatment and management plan is discussed with you and focused towards you achieving these goals.
- In some cases your Osteopath may be required to refer for further assessment and investigation and this may be with one of our Trusted Professional Network of practitioners.
- Your Osteopath may provide hands on Osteopathy or provide you with an exercise prescription / rehabilitation program.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management program that educates and shows you how to better manage your condition through stretching, mobility and strengthening where appropriate.
To find out more about how to better treat and manage your back or neck pain, please call 03 9670 9290 or book an appointment online to see one of our Osteopaths at Principle Four Osteopathy.
Got questions?I want to book my session now
The similarities between the writer to have top essay writing service, you guys have to check all for it buy essay online cheap uk. Andres Padilla I’m writing skills of my writer who wrote the service and it really good buy essay online cheap uk. Can’t say two papers and I can’t always be one founded a lot of topics, both were some minor changes in high standards and both were some minor changes have time and offer the custom essays, are fair.