Golfers elbow, also commonly known as medial epicondylitis or medial epicondylopathy is a condition affecting the forearm muscles and tendons that attach to the inside (medial) part of the forearm near the elbow.
This condition typically occurs following unaccustomed activity or where the individual is repetitively using the forearm muscles. Activities associated with an increased risk o developing golfers elbow include golf and gripping activities. Work activities that involve repetitive use of the forearm flexor muscles are also likely to increase ones risk.
Signs and Symptoms
- Pain and tenderness to palpation of the medial forearm muscles, especially near the medial elbow area.
- Weakness with gripping.
- Pain on active resisted wrist flexion.
- Pain on gripping or squeezing the hand.
Treatment and management can include:
- Over the counter anti inflammatories or prescribed medication by your GP
- Manual therapy techniques such as soft tissue massage, dry needling and joint mobilisation.
- Exercise prescription.
How Can An Osteopath At Principle Four Osteopathy Help You?
- Your Osteopath will take you through a detailed case history and assessment to help identify the cause of your injury and give you a diagnosis.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a osteopathy treatment and management plan that is appropriate for the injury or condition.
- This also includes listening to your goals as a client and ensuring that the treatment and management plan is discussed with you and focused towards you achieving these goals.
- In some cases your Osteopath may be required to refer for further assessment and investigation and this may be with one of our Trusted Professional Network of practitioners.
- Your Osteopath may provide hands on Osteopathy or provide you with an exercise prescription / rehabilitation program.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management program that educates and shows you how to better manage your condition through stretching, mobility and strengthening where appropriate.
To find out more about how to better treat and manage your back or neck pain, please call 03 9670 9290 or book an appointment online to see one of our Osteopaths at Principle Four Osteopathy.
Got questions?I want to book my session now
The similarities between the writer to have top essay writing service, you guys have to check all for it buy essay online cheap uk. Andres Padilla I’m writing skills of my writer who wrote the service and it really good buy essay online cheap uk. Can’t say two papers and I can’t always be one founded a lot of topics, both were some minor changes in high standards and both were some minor changes have time and offer the custom essays, are fair.