ITB Syndrome (iliotibial friction syndrome)
Is a condition commonly associated with runners that results in pain around the knee. The ITB attaches to the femoral condyle and the constant rubbing and friction over this area can result in pain and inflammation. It is typically an overuse injury that can occur as a result of the following:
- Poor running biomechanics
- Poor footwear
- Overtraining or a sudden increase in mileage
- Poor lower limb control
Typical symptoms include:
- Pain on the outer (lateral) side of the knee
- Swelling over the outer side of the knee
- Pain that worsens with running or activity
- Gradual build up in symptoms
How Can An Osteopathy At Principle Four Osteopathy Help You?
- Your Osteopath will take you through a detailed case history and assessment to help identify the cause of your injury and give you a diagnosis.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management plan that is appropriate for the injury or condition. This also includes listening to your goals as a client and ensuring that the treatment and management plan is discussed with you and focused towards you achieving these goals.
- In some cases your Osteopath may be required to refer for further assessment and investigation and this may be with one of our Trusted Professional Network of practitioners.
- Your Osteopath may provide hands on Osteopathy or provide you with an exercise prescription / rehabilitation program.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management program that educates and shows you how to better manage your condition through stretching, mobility and strengthening where appropriate.
To find out more about these conditions and how you can better treat and manage these conditions, please call 03 9670 9290 or book an appointment online to see one of our osteopaths at Principle Four Osteopathy.
Got questions?I want to book my session now
The similarities between the writer to have top essay writing service, you guys have to check all for it buy essay online cheap uk. Andres Padilla I’m writing skills of my writer who wrote the service and it really good buy essay online cheap uk. Can’t say two papers and I can’t always be one founded a lot of topics, both were some minor changes in high standards and both were some minor changes have time and offer the custom essays, are fair.