Patellar Maltracking Issues
Patellar Maltracking is a general term that is often used to describe pain around the knee cap (patellar). There are many structures around the knee cap that could be causing ones pain and the reasons for this can be due to poor foot, knee or hip biomechanics. Typically it is a condition that gradually develops overtime in individuals who are active.
Common Signs and Symptoms include:
- Pain when walking up and down stairs
- Pain when squatting
- Restricted patellar glide
- Possible inflammation around the knee
- Tightness and tenderness to palpation of the lower limb muscles
Treatment and management can include:
- Joint mobilisation
- Exercise prescription and rehabilitation exercises.
How Can An Osteopath At Principle Four Osteopathy Help You?
- Your Osteopath will take a thorough case history and perform a detailed assessment to diagnose your injury and complaint.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a osteopathy treatment and management plan that is appropriate for your injury and in line with the latest research and evidence for your injury.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management plan that is line with your specific goals, whether this be to eliminate pain, work without pain or return to sport or activity.
- Your Osteopath will help identify any potential maintaining and aggravating factors for your injury and provide you with solutions to reduce this. This may include an assessment of how you perform specific tasks and an ergonomic risk assessment of your workstation and suggest equipment or changes to improve your ergonomics.
- Your Osteopath will provide hands on manual therapy that may include soft tissue massage, stretching, dry needling, taping and mobilisation. Find out more about our Osteopathy consultation.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with self management strategies regarding your injury management and prevention strategy. This may include referral to one of our Trusted Professional Network, advice on pain management with ice and rest, assessment and prescription of a stretching, mobility and strengthening program. Find out more about our Functional Movement Screen or Exercise Prescription/Rehabilitation Consultation.
To find out more about these conditions and how you can better treat and manage these conditions, please call 03 9670 9290 or book an appointment online to see one of our osteopathy practitioners at Principle Four Osteopathy.
Got questions?I want to book my session now
The similarities between the writer to have top essay writing service, you guys have to check all for it buy essay online cheap uk. Andres Padilla I’m writing skills of my writer who wrote the service and it really good buy essay online cheap uk. Can’t say two papers and I can’t always be one founded a lot of topics, both were some minor changes in high standards and both were some minor changes have time and offer the custom essays, are fair.