FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT SCREEN (FMS)
WHAT IS FMS?
A Functional Movement Screen (FMS) incorporates taking you through the Functional Movement Screen (FMS) developed by Physiotherapist Gray Cook as well other functional movement and capacity tests. Our Melbourne Osteopath will assess your balance, stability, movement, strength and endurance and look to identify imbalances, weaknesses, asymmetries and movement restrictions in the body.
FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT SCREEN80 MINUTES
- Individuals with chronic musculoskeletal complaints i.e. overuse injuries, tendinopathies, recurrent musculoskeletal strains and sprains
- Individuals wanting a tailored exercise program to improve movement, wellbeing and performance.
- Individuals playing a specific sport and looking to improve performance and movement.
SO, WHAT’S INVOLVED?
- A discussion on what you would like to take away from the FMS screen, a case history relating to your current and previous musculoskeletal and medical health history.
- Orthopaedic/osteopathic assessment of specific joints, muscles or tendons
- Gait assessment
- Balance testing
- Functional movement screen (assessing the 7 tests as per the FMS screen created by the Functional Movement System
- Movement assessment of fundamental movement patterns i.e. squat, hinge, step up, lunge, push, pull and brace patterns
- Specific capacity, endurance, strength testing relevant to you i.e. grip testing, hang testing, push up capacity etc.
- Summary of the assessment findings and prescription of a program to take home movement program that is tailored towards your goals that is based on the assessment findings
- We will provide you with an email summary of findings, home exercise program that will incorporate photos or videos of the exercises.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM FMS?
For those individuals who are currently in acute pain, this consultation is not for you and we would recommend an osteopathy consultation to assist in diagnosing your complaint and providing treatment and management advice suited to the acute complaint. Please email email@example.com and one of our Melbourne Osteopaths will get back to you ASAP.
Note: Please wear appropriate exercise clothing and bring your mobile phone with you. We are likely to photograph or video the exercises using your mobile phone.