12 May Weight Plate Overhead Shoulder Press / Challenging Stability To Improve Overhead Pressing
The weight plate overhead press is a great variation on the traditional overhead press because it requires the individual to balance the load in the frontal plane (side to side) whilst pressing vertically overhead in largely the sagittal plane. When trying this exercise out in the gym be sure to reduce the load compared to what you normally press overhead because of the increased stability demand put on the upper limb through the moving load.
Top Reasons Why I Like Adding A Stability Challenged Overhead Press To Ones Program:
– Increased grip strength demands
– Increased hand and wrist stability requirements
– Increased shoulder stability demands
When Might I Look To Incorporate A Stability Challenged Overhead Press Into My Program:
– When there is a need to improve control at the wrist and hand
– When I am needing to improve strength and control at the wrist and shoulder girdle
– Where there is a need to improve control at the shoulder girdle (GH and Scapulothoracic joint)
This blog post was written by osteopath Heath Williams of Principle Four Osteopathy. Principle Four Osteopathy is a boutique clinic located on collins st near the corner of swanston st. We are located at 178 Collins St Melbourne city cbd 3000. Appointments can be made by booking online at www.principlefourosteopathy.com or by calling 03 96709290. If you have any questions, please touch base via email at email@example.com.